My little boy can write his name and I can read it! He has been working on this since September - and he started from not even being able to hold a pencil correctly. I am so proud of him, and am amazed every day at how much he has matured. He is sitting (on the counter) next to me as I type, and I am remembering how when he was younger how we used to look forward to putting him to bed so he would be out of our hair. Now, the younger boys have been in bed for almost two hours, and M keeps us company (because the kid never gets tired) playing quietly, looking at books, watching me type, and asking me silly questions. It is such a pleasure to have him around. What a difference from even a year ago!
Monday, December 3, 2007
Preschool Penmanship
Today was my favorite kind of day. We didn't have anything planned and the boys entertained themselves for a long time while I did some laundry, read my book, played with T, and well, I guess that's it. It's amazing how I can be so busy and not have anything to show for it at the end of the day.
E fell asleep on the way to pick M up from preschool, so I had another mom watch him in the car while I ran in to get M. When we got home I carried him (still sleeping) in to his bed and tiptoed out. Two seconds later he was screaming at me, "I want to come with you to get M!" He didn't realize we had already gone and returned, and he thought I was going to leave him at home all alone.
Chris got a call tonight from the head of the anesthesia group (who is friends with his current advisor) at a hospital in South Dakota. Since he doesn't have a contract with Mpls yet he is thinking of interviewing with them sometime before Christmas. I think he feels like it's nice to be wanted and is glad to be nearing the end of his training days.
Posted by
Alison
at
8:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is such a beautiful picture of M and T in the right sidebar. Can I get a copy of that? I look forward to reading the daily "news", even if its about laundry.
Post a Comment