I woke up to three sounds this morning...that of M and E playing happily in their room together (that's two) and that of T singing in his bed. I lay there wondering what on Earth could be making a baby so happy in a dark room with not a single toy to be seen (I take those pediatricians way too seriously when they say not to have anything they could possibly suffocate on in the crib - his crib is completely empty). So, I was intrigued enough to get my lazy bum out of bed to investigate. There was my little 10 month old baby kneeling on his knees, hanging on to the crib rail, trying to climb out of the crib. Time to move the bed to the lower position. But, he sure was happy about it, and when he saw me, the smile on his face was bright enough to light up that dark room, and it melted my heart.
I spent the day packing and cleaning, like so many other days these past few weeks. M likes to help by labeling the boxes, and I can only hope that we can read the labels well enough in a few months to be able to figure out where they go. For example, the box with all the DVDs in it is labelled, "bub." Real helpful, huh?
E spent his evening attempting to earn his Lego container ship by peeing in the potty. Most parents bribe their children with M&Ms or stickers, but not Chris. He bribes his kids with $60 Lego kits. Unfortunately, even expensive bribes sometimes fail. After 30 minutes of trying, that toilet only had water in it.
I had to post a cartoon from Baby Blues that made me laugh yesterday - because it is just so darn true.
I think my kids are about two days away from figuring this out. I am very afraid.
I spent the day packing and cleaning, like so many other days these past few weeks. M likes to help by labeling the boxes, and I can only hope that we can read the labels well enough in a few months to be able to figure out where they go. For example, the box with all the DVDs in it is labelled, "bub." Real helpful, huh?
E spent his evening attempting to earn his Lego container ship by peeing in the potty. Most parents bribe their children with M&Ms or stickers, but not Chris. He bribes his kids with $60 Lego kits. Unfortunately, even expensive bribes sometimes fail. After 30 minutes of trying, that toilet only had water in it.
I had to post a cartoon from Baby Blues that made me laugh yesterday - because it is just so darn true.
I think my kids are about two days away from figuring this out. I am very afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment