Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sledding Video

I am very early posting today, but I had to share a video we created of the boys sledding this morning. Chris and I had a good laugh over it and are now ready to start the day (cleaning and packing).

Aren't kids fun?

Added later...

It's been a long cold snowy day here, and I have the worst case of cabin fever right now. I was looking forward to going to my swimming class all day when about 30 minutes before I was about to leave, Chris' pager went off. He had to go in to take care of a baby that had been in a car accident. Dang. But, considering someone's baby is on the verge of death, I guess I can't really complain that I didn't get to go swimming. I am thankful that all of my babies are safe and healthy (except for T's bad cold), and if I have to trade a horrible case of cabin fever to keep them that way, then I guess I will just have to find a way to deal with it. I guess I could go shovel some snow in the -40 degree windchill - that ought to make me thankful to have a nice warm house.

Poor little T had a rough day battling one of the worst colds he's ever had. He just lays around and whimpers - he can't even work up a good cry - talk about pathetic. I tried to cuddle him for a while, but he's just so restless he doesn't know what he wants. All I could do was put him to bed and let him whimper. I think he has finally fallen asleep now. The big boys have been bathed early and given their dinner, and then I gave them instructions to play in their room - or I would make them go to bed. They haven't come out yet and I am thinking about going to bed myself - I seem to have caught T's cold. I guess I'll save the shoveling for tomorrow.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

that is funny! maybe you should enter it america's funniest...
dad says no

DrM1ck said...

Okay, my favorite part of the entire video is at 1 minute 19 seconds when Matthew shouts out "Help, Help, I'm gonna die!". I think most of you may have missed this part, but to Ali and I, we just couldn't contain our laughter. Let me also state that no child was harmed in the making of this film. Furthermore, "deck-sledding" is a time-tested, proven technique that was perfected long ago by the Mickelson children -- Chris, Sarah, and Lisa in the tundra of North Dakota where a set of deck stairs was the only hill for miles around to sled on. :)

Blessed By 8 said...

Wow! What an impressive video. But Bob would have an absolute heart attack if I showed him kids sledding down deck stairs!

Laura said...

Okay, okay, our sides hurt from laughing! That video was really cute. I had forgotten that you kids used to sled down our deck stairs back in the tundra. Ali, you are SO talented in video making!

Andrea S. said...

Hope you feel better soon. A cold is SO unfair when you're a mom. I've decided moms are not allowed to get sick. It's just not fair.

I LOVE the video of the boys sledding. Too funny.

Blessed By 8 said...

The kids, on the other hand, LOVED this video...they made me play it about 20 times. Now they are running around the house saying,"Help,help! I'm gonna die!"
:o)

becky said...

I pretty much watch this every day now. It gets funnier every time.