You would have thought it was Christmas by the way M and E were acting today after school. I guess they both had a pretty good time exchanging Valentine's cards (and candy) with their friends at school, and when they got home, they had presents to open. I am the biggest sucker in the whole world, and the corporate marketing schemes got to me today while I was grocery shopping. I ended up buying everyone in my family a Valentine's present rather than just the obligatory card. It was a very Merry Valentine's Day at our house. Chris got a new hanging toiletry bag (for use during all of his upcoming travel), a new golf club cleaner, and a Nike golf hat (for use on his golf vacation coming up in a couple weeks). M got a bathtub basketball game, E some cool bathtub boats (we are alarmingly deficient in bathtub toys), and T got a new version of the old fashioned pop up toys (hard to describe). All the new gifts and candy worked out to my favor though as I was able to actually get dressed up and then sit down and eat the dinner Chris and I had prepared together - Chicken Scampi. I was going to make steak for my red meat loving husband, but he chose his Olive Garden favorite dish instead. It was actually pretty easy, and I will admit, very good. Note the heart shaped pasta - a gift from our friends who are far more thoughtful than we are.

After listening to E wail "I want to get out (of the tub)" for about ten minutes (during dinner) I went downstairs to help him out. He did a double take looking at me and said, "Mommy, you look purtty." Awwww, that just about made my day right there. I had to take E upstairs so he could say it again in font of Daddy - I needed a witness - someone thought I looked "purtty." So, I dressed my sweet little boy up in his favorite Batman pajamas and gave him a great big Valentine's Day kiss.
Little T got to open some Valentine's cards tonight. He had fun ripping (and then sucking on) them.


After listening to E wail "I want to get out (of the tub)" for about ten minutes (during dinner) I went downstairs to help him out. He did a double take looking at me and said, "Mommy, you look purtty." Awwww, that just about made my day right there. I had to take E upstairs so he could say it again in font of Daddy - I needed a witness - someone thought I looked "purtty." So, I dressed my sweet little boy up in his favorite Batman pajamas and gave him a great big Valentine's Day kiss.
Little T got to open some Valentine's cards tonight. He had fun ripping (and then sucking on) them.

2 comments:
Awww....I bet you did look purrty....you are a very purrty lady, naturally!!!!I am glad that you had a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!
Where's the chicken scampi recipe? I used to love shrimp scampi until I found out about the whole 90% by-catch thing. This sounds like a fabulous alternative!
Post a Comment