As I sit here on my lazy tired bum I realized I had left my camera upstairs and I was too tired to go get it, and I had pictures I wanted to post tonight. So, I asked Chris to help me out. Apparently he is too tired too. He solved my problem by calling out, "Hey Matthew, can you help Mommy? She forgot her camera upstairs and she needs you to get it!" Lucky for me M is still young enough to want desperately to be helpful, loves to do things that make me happy, and he was looking for any excuse to stay out of bed for just a little longer. He says to us, "Okay, you can count on me! Where is it?" I told him and he said, "Oh, I know just where it is! I'll be right back!" And he was. So, here are the pictures I wanted to share, courtesy of my big helpful boy.


And speaking of being helpful, as you can see in the left picture here, M did all of my dishes for me this afternoon, put all of the silverware away, and swept the floor after T made a huge mess with his crackers - and he did such a good job I didn't even have to finish the job when he was done. I was so pleased and proud of him.
The other big highlight of the day is also shown in the pictures. I walked into the kitchen as M was cleaning to find T clinging for dear life onto the chair, on his own two feet, with a huge smile on his face. He was so proud of himself -but he couldn't figure out how to get back down. I spent the rest of the afternoon rescuing my baby who insisted on practicing his new skill over and over and over again.
I spent the evening practicing my new skill - well two of them really. First, I cleaned out my laundry room like it has never been cleaned - vacuumed the floor, dusted all the shelves, washed out the washing machine, and even scrubbed off the water heater. I am pretty sure it has never been that clean - ever. Now I just have nine more rooms to clean before I can put this house on the market. Later at the pool, I worked on my flip turns for 45 minutes until I had a sufficiently bad headache from getting water up my nose. My instructor just happened to have taken a lifeguard shift at the pool and came over to tell me how much I was improving. Awww shucks.


And speaking of being helpful, as you can see in the left picture here, M did all of my dishes for me this afternoon, put all of the silverware away, and swept the floor after T made a huge mess with his crackers - and he did such a good job I didn't even have to finish the job when he was done. I was so pleased and proud of him.
The other big highlight of the day is also shown in the pictures. I walked into the kitchen as M was cleaning to find T clinging for dear life onto the chair, on his own two feet, with a huge smile on his face. He was so proud of himself -but he couldn't figure out how to get back down. I spent the rest of the afternoon rescuing my baby who insisted on practicing his new skill over and over and over again.
I spent the evening practicing my new skill - well two of them really. First, I cleaned out my laundry room like it has never been cleaned - vacuumed the floor, dusted all the shelves, washed out the washing machine, and even scrubbed off the water heater. I am pretty sure it has never been that clean - ever. Now I just have nine more rooms to clean before I can put this house on the market. Later at the pool, I worked on my flip turns for 45 minutes until I had a sufficiently bad headache from getting water up my nose. My instructor just happened to have taken a lifeguard shift at the pool and came over to tell me how much I was improving. Awww shucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment