My faith has been restored in humanity (well, I never completely lost it, but I have been starting to wonder lately). We met my parents at the MOA to see them before we headed back home, and we ended up yielding to the boy's wishes to ride some of the rides. After a few hours and a lot of money spent on the roller coaster (M's favorite) and the bus (E's favorite) we headed out of the park. We happened to pass that old fair game where you try to hit a big platform with an even bigger hammer to try to ring a bell at the top of the tower (are you with me?), and stopped to watch a few young men show off their strength - it is a lot like M's Whack a Mole Tower, so he was very excited to watch some "big boys" show off their strength. When they were finished both of the guys won a 8 foot tall inflatable neon green bat. M said, "Wow, can I have one of those some day?" The guys heard him and gave M and E their bats, so I got to walk around the MOA alternating between apologizing to people for my kids hitting them with their huge bats and carrying those silly things myself. Except for the inconvenience factor, I thought that was pretty cool.
That sort of made up for the experience I had with E earlier on the hot air balloon ride. We were the last two people let into the ride and all of the spots were taken except for two places in a balloon with two seven year old girls in it. I took E over to them and nicely asked,
That sort of made up for the experience I had with E earlier on the hot air balloon ride. We were the last two people let into the ride and all of the spots were taken except for two places in a balloon with two seven year old girls in it. I took E over to them and nicely asked, "Can we ride with you?"
Seven year old girl says: "No."
"Please?"
"Get your own balloon."
"All of the other balloons are full."
"Then get back in line and wait your turn."
"I can't. I've already paid and I don't want to have to pay
again."
She just stares at me.
I leave - I've been beaten down by a seven year old. (sigh)
I squished in with an nice Asian man and his son. We didn't fit. It was very uncomfortable. I loathe myself.
2 comments:
Sounds like the neighbor girl next door....she was actually at MOA on Sunday....was one of them very very blonde with long hair, big blue eyes?
Yes, they were both long blonds, and the snarky one had blue eyes.
Post a Comment