Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mom Must Be Bored - She's Got Her Camera Out Again

Thursdays are great because we don't have anything going on in the morning, but both M and E get to go to preschool in the afternoon (when they usually get bored). I spent the morning getting everyone ready for school and took some time to take pictures of our everyday routine. Normally when I take pictures everyone is looking at the camera and instructed to "smile! smile please! HEY YOU, SMILE!" I thought I would change it up a bit and just photograph the boys doing what they love to do and some of their favorite things around the house (is it totally obvious I am sick of cleaning and packing?). I got some cute pictures but I thought T was especially cooperative.

E was very excited to go to school today. He couldn't get in the van fast enough, and when he saw his teacher waiting out on the curb in front of the school (they pick the kids up at the van and bring them back - curbside service!) he started giggling. He was so pleased to be carrying his very own backpack, "on my back!" As I was driving home I got a call from Chris asking if we wanted to meet him for an extempore Panera stop. Did he even have to ask? When E saw where we were going , and then saw his Daddy waiting for him in front of the restaurant, he nearly died of excitement. I love how the little things can make him so happy. After we all got our bagels and sat down he was very concerned that we save a seat and a bagel for his brother M. He was even more pleased when we explained that M was still at preschool and he would be dining with just Mom and Dad. Poor middle child always gets overlooked - we have to do a better job of making special time for him.

I got some very cute video of T playing catch with Chris tonight. I was pretty impressed that he seems to get the concept of the game - and he sure did enjoy it!



I spent the evening doing something I rarely do - watching Lost on TV in my bed (I still wasn't feeling well). Chris was studying with some classmates at a coffee shop, M and E were playing downstairs, and T was asleep. I was all by myself, watching one of my favorite shows (or at least it used to be my favorite before they took a four month hiatus in the middle of the season), snuggled up in my bed, with a whole bag of Dove chocolates. I don't know how I could ever manage to recreate that scenario again, but I enjoyed it while it lasted and can always hope for it to happen again someday.

1 comment:

Andrea S. said...

Ayla wants to watch "more" of T and the ball. Lovin the video! Great photos too. You deserve a break from the packing...you're SO ahead of the game.