You know, people always say that you get the most out of your kids right as you are tucking them into bed. I've never been one to linger after saying goodnight because I am so tired myself and there are so many dishes waiting for me upstairs, but tonight M smelled so good (freshly bathed), he was acting so sweet, and really, what's more important, dishes or kids? So, I snuggled up in bed with him and he told me all about the things that are important to him. He had so many things to say: "Mommy, you are the most beautiful and smartest girl in the whole world. (Why thank you.) Mommy, do you think I can be Batman someday? I would be a better Batman than Batman. Can we buy some Eon Kid toys? (I had never heard of Eon Kid before.) When are we going to fly into space? I want to go see the moon. Can I have a Pop Tart for lunch tomorrow? I really hope a stranger doesn't take me away. I love you so so so much." That was a lot for a five year old to be thinking about. I'll bet he sleeps better now that he has all that off his mind.
I spent today actually cleaning. I am past the decluttering stage and onto the cleaning. I was horrified at how much dirt and mud had collected in our windows, and I almost took a picture to record the monumental amount of crud, but then I decided I didn't need hard proof that I am a dirty slob. The boys occupied themselves quite nicely all day long by sword fighting with the vacuum cleaner attachments. They looked like little ninjas swinging their one and two piece swords around, and amazingly, nobody ever got whacked with one of the swords. There was a fair amount of screaming about how sometimes M would have "three pieces of sword" instead of the two that E had (he found the attachment that nested inside one of the other attachments), but after a duel they figured it out. I think it's funny how when girls fight there are lots of nasty words, but when boys fight they slug each other a few times and then it's over. Problem solved. My sister and I used to say horrible, awful things to each other and then resented each other for the next two weeks. I think I prefer the way boys do it - at least you can see when it's getting too rough and pull them apart.
When Chris got home he helped me clean out the boys room. They now have one (ONE!) box of toys. Everything else is boxed up in the garage. When they get sick of what's in their room I will bring in another box and switch it out, but I refuse to have any more than one box of toys in the house because I will only have one hour to get all the toys picked up and everything put back together when I get notice that someone wants to come look at the house. I am terrified of how horrible this putting the house on the market process is going to be. All I can do at this point is hope it sells fast so I only have to do the crisis pick/clean up a few times.
We took the boys to the gym tonight so he could hit some golf balls and I could go to a spinning class. Our great plan did not go so well. I missed half of the class because I had looked at an old schedule (but found some other fun classes to partake in), and Chris got cut off from his turn at the golf cage - some other guy just swooped in and took his turn. I guess he and the boys found some other things to do to keep them busy while they waited for rude man to finish swinging, but I think that guy better hope he doesn't find himself as a patient in Chris' OR anytime soon - I don't know what would happen to him (judging by the look on his face when he told me the story). I guess it's good he only works with kids now. I can always forgive kids for making mistakes - it's harder with adults.
And that's all I've got.
I spent today actually cleaning. I am past the decluttering stage and onto the cleaning. I was horrified at how much dirt and mud had collected in our windows, and I almost took a picture to record the monumental amount of crud, but then I decided I didn't need hard proof that I am a dirty slob. The boys occupied themselves quite nicely all day long by sword fighting with the vacuum cleaner attachments. They looked like little ninjas swinging their one and two piece swords around, and amazingly, nobody ever got whacked with one of the swords. There was a fair amount of screaming about how sometimes M would have "three pieces of sword" instead of the two that E had (he found the attachment that nested inside one of the other attachments), but after a duel they figured it out. I think it's funny how when girls fight there are lots of nasty words, but when boys fight they slug each other a few times and then it's over. Problem solved. My sister and I used to say horrible, awful things to each other and then resented each other for the next two weeks. I think I prefer the way boys do it - at least you can see when it's getting too rough and pull them apart.
When Chris got home he helped me clean out the boys room. They now have one (ONE!) box of toys. Everything else is boxed up in the garage. When they get sick of what's in their room I will bring in another box and switch it out, but I refuse to have any more than one box of toys in the house because I will only have one hour to get all the toys picked up and everything put back together when I get notice that someone wants to come look at the house. I am terrified of how horrible this putting the house on the market process is going to be. All I can do at this point is hope it sells fast so I only have to do the crisis pick/clean up a few times.
We took the boys to the gym tonight so he could hit some golf balls and I could go to a spinning class. Our great plan did not go so well. I missed half of the class because I had looked at an old schedule (but found some other fun classes to partake in), and Chris got cut off from his turn at the golf cage - some other guy just swooped in and took his turn. I guess he and the boys found some other things to do to keep them busy while they waited for rude man to finish swinging, but I think that guy better hope he doesn't find himself as a patient in Chris' OR anytime soon - I don't know what would happen to him (judging by the look on his face when he told me the story). I guess it's good he only works with kids now. I can always forgive kids for making mistakes - it's harder with adults.
And that's all I've got.
1 comment:
Ali:
I still remember the pain of having our house on the market. After about one week of constantly keeping it picked up, it gets old! One night we had some place to go to, and the house needed picking up, and some beds made. Randy said to just leave it, let's go, but I insisted, and picked it up. Thank goodness I did, because that's the night that the couple that bought our house came through it for a showing. Whew! I was lucky! Laura
Post a Comment