I will admit it. I am a total slacker mom at heart. I just couldn't manage to dredge up the energy to plan and carry out a birthday party for my soon to be five year old little boy - not that he noticed or cared. Out of extreme guilt I asked our friends to meet us at the gym we belong to for some swimming, playing in the gym, lunch, and cupcakes. There were more adults than kids at this party and I didn't even bring candles. I feel kind of bad that I was such a slouch in planning a party, but I feel even worse right now as I realize that I forgot to take even a single picture today at his pathetic excuse for a party. Talk about going to the opposite extreme of all those parents who rent carnivals for their kid's parties. Hopefully he won't hold it against me. Maybe he'll just learn that birthday's are about more then presents, that parties can be fun without a clown, and that having just one good friend around to celebrate is way more fun than ten kids you hardly know...or maybe he'll just be the five year old boy that he is and be happy because he got to eat six cupcakes and drink four root-beers and Mom and Dad didn't even care. The big day isn't until tomorrow, so I think he made out pretty well getting to have two days of birthday. Happy Birthday to my Grandma, whose birthday IS today.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, give yourself a break. Matthew had presents to play with; he didn't need anything else, like a party. Worry about throwing parties when he is 10 and really wants a bunch of noisy kids around who will each bring him something (maybe).
Sounds like the PERFECT thing to do for a 5 year old! Even though it was not Martha-Stewart-ish, I'll bet Matthew had one of the best days ever....and that was the point, to make him feel special, right? The "missing" stuff was just fluff anyway that your sweet little boy could care less about! Give yourself a pat on the back, and your little boy an extra hug! :o)
Post a Comment