I had the most wonderful morning. I took the boys to their ECFE class like I always do on Tuesday mornings. We brought some special heart cookies for snack, and the boys were super excited to share them with their friends. Two minutes after we arrived one of the teachers told me that there was room for T in the sibling care room, so I could have some time with just E, and some wonderful teacher would take care of my baby. Better yet, when it was time for the moms to go to our class, I was kid free! I actually got to sit and drink some coffee and eat some of the donuts one of the other women had provided. I just couldn't get over how nice it was to sit and talk with adults, drink coffee without interruption, and not have to attend to the needs of one of my children. I'm hoping there will be room for T in sibling care next week, but if not, that's okay. I had one very nice morning.
We were all exhausted when we got home - I think school is emotionally draining for all of us - so I let M stay home from preschool this afternoon. He was happy to play downstairs on his computer while I read my book (Alas, Babylon), barricaded up in my room. I finally finished the darn thing - which is good because I've been neglecting everything and everyone else while I was immersed in it - I really did like it despite the depressing and horrific overtone of nuclear holocaust. When I finally emerged from my room, Chris was home, and he was cleaning. Don't get me wrong, Chris does his fair share of cleaning and maintenance around the house, but not usually during the week, and certainly not in the middle of the day. Something was up...and then I remembered...we had the realtor coming over to meet with us - in 30 minutes.
M was super excited that someone was visiting us - he immediately asked if she wanted to play. It took some convincing that she wasn't here to play with him, but just to be sure, he followed her upstairs and sat down right next to her - determined to wait her out. We only talked for 30 minutes or so, but both M and T were very well behaved and very taken with this lady. I think kids are a good judge of character, and based on how much the boys liked her, I think she must be an okay person, so that's good for us.
Then the most exciting thing of the day happened. I went on my run - while it was still light outside! I can't remember the last time it was light out when I went running - it was such a nice change! I could actually see the ice, I wasn't worried about getting hit by a car, it was totally balmy out (like 16 degrees!), and I saw two other runners (that never happens). I did go an hour earlier than usual, but Yay oh Yay our daylight hours are getting longer! I can come out of hibernation - all of a sudden it feels just the tiniest bit like spring!
We were all exhausted when we got home - I think school is emotionally draining for all of us - so I let M stay home from preschool this afternoon. He was happy to play downstairs on his computer while I read my book (Alas, Babylon), barricaded up in my room. I finally finished the darn thing - which is good because I've been neglecting everything and everyone else while I was immersed in it - I really did like it despite the depressing and horrific overtone of nuclear holocaust. When I finally emerged from my room, Chris was home, and he was cleaning. Don't get me wrong, Chris does his fair share of cleaning and maintenance around the house, but not usually during the week, and certainly not in the middle of the day. Something was up...and then I remembered...we had the realtor coming over to meet with us - in 30 minutes.
M was super excited that someone was visiting us - he immediately asked if she wanted to play. It took some convincing that she wasn't here to play with him, but just to be sure, he followed her upstairs and sat down right next to her - determined to wait her out. We only talked for 30 minutes or so, but both M and T were very well behaved and very taken with this lady. I think kids are a good judge of character, and based on how much the boys liked her, I think she must be an okay person, so that's good for us.
Then the most exciting thing of the day happened. I went on my run - while it was still light outside! I can't remember the last time it was light out when I went running - it was such a nice change! I could actually see the ice, I wasn't worried about getting hit by a car, it was totally balmy out (like 16 degrees!), and I saw two other runners (that never happens). I did go an hour earlier than usual, but Yay oh Yay our daylight hours are getting longer! I can come out of hibernation - all of a sudden it feels just the tiniest bit like spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment