I was working on cleaning out the kitchen this morning (yep, I'm still working on the kitchen - it was that bad) when I heard a lot of noise coming from out in the cul-de-sac. When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a bulldozer and twelve dumptrucks - they were removing Snowy Mountain! I called the boys to come watch, and their response to the destruction was as if the bulldozers were tearing down their house and taking all of their toys along with it. "NO! STOP YOU'RE BREAKING SNOWY
MOUNTAIN! OH MOMMY, WHY ARE THEY BREAKING THE MOUNTAIN? DADDY COME HOME QUICK, IT'S AN EMERGENCY!" And then there was E, "Don't worry, I can fix it with my gloves." T just laughed - his response to everything now days. I photographed the whole process, and took some video of M calling Chris to report the emergency. I was amazed at how many big dump trucks it took to haul all of that snow away (it took four trucks three trips - so that's like twelve dump trucks worth of snow!). I'm not sure why the city decided to remove the snow - maybe it was filling up too much of the cul-de-sac, maybe we are scheduled to get a bunch more snow (scheduled - that's a funny choice of words), or maybe the city is just looking for more ways to waste taxpayer dollars - this is the city that washes the roads at least six times a summer - talk about waste! Anyway, now our cul-de-sac is clean and clear - all ready for the next dumping. While M was at school today (picture day!) I had a realtor come by to look at the house - our first step in the moving process. She seems like a nice lady with a lot on the ball, so I was impressed and am excited to work with her. Despite how hard I have been working to get the house in shape, there is still a lot to do, and I was embarassed to have her see the house in it's current state of lived-in-ness - especially since she seems to be such a put together type of person. I feel like my house reflects on me, and it is currently reflecting that I am sloppy, dirty, lazy, and unorganized. Yuck.
After our typical Friday night pizza dinner Chris wanted to take the boys to see a Rochester girls high school hockey game (our neighbor is the coach). I elected to stay home with T, who is feeling crummy today, and M decided at the last minute that he didn't feel well either, so he stayed home with me as well. Unfortunately, about ten minutes after Chris left, M realized what he was missing out on and started crying, "Daddy forgot about me. He left me home all alone." Poor guy. I felt bad for him, so we made some chocolate cookies with Valentine colored M&Ms. That seemed to make him happy because he got to crack an egg - one of his favorite things to do in life. He told me, "it's a good thing E isn't here because we only need one egg." Silly boy. The cookies are good according to M - my stomach still isn't up to eating much of anything. I was just glad I was able to find something to do that made M happy after being left out of Daddy night out.
4 comments:
boy I used to think it was wonderful to see pictures of the kids in the blog, but now I am addicted to the vidoes. I play them over and over--just like being here. I love the ball game with T and C.
The video clips are great! I wonder if I can figure out how to do that! So sad that snowy mountain is gone :o(
Randy and I were reading the blog this morning and then watching the video. We were chuckling at the video. The boys are so cute and precious. I loved the blog video of T and C, too. Keep up the great work!
Awww...too bad! I guess you'll just have to wait for another ginormous March snowstorm...Was M upset that Chris couldn't stop them from tearing down the mountain?
Post a Comment