This has been a strange weekend - in fact there has been absolutely nothing normal about it. I slept in until 11am (!) yesterday, Chris got called in to work at 4pm, I missed my swimming class last night, I slept through the spinning class I wanted to go to this morning, we gorged ourselves sick on guacamole, I haven't made dinner for three days, and we've (they boys anyway) watched way too much Batman. It doesn't help that we've been caged up in our house for two days straight because it's so stinking cold outside. Even I, the crazy one, chose not to go running this weekend. What the heck is wrong with us? I think this is what happens when Mom is sick (for a week now). When Mom doesn't get up and get things running, things don't run. The kids don't get dressed, everyone eats cereal for every meal, and the kids watch hours upon hours of tv. Fabulous. Time for me to buck up and take control again...starting tomorrow. I'm taking the night off.
I actually think it's good for the boys and Chris when I butt out for a while - they get lots of quality time together and spend hours building things with their Legos or playing imaginary games with all of the couch pillows. They may eat only waffles and root beer, but everyone is happy, and it's not like anyone here is starving (or malnourished).
I actually think it's good for the boys and Chris when I butt out for a while - they get lots of quality time together and spend hours building things with their Legos or playing imaginary games with all of the couch pillows. They may eat only waffles and root beer, but everyone is happy, and it's not like anyone here is starving (or malnourished).
In an effort to get us back on track, Chris and I wrestled the boys into their snowsuits and took them to the gym. My wonderful husband watched the kids play while I swam. When I finished, I walked into the kid's play area and saw the biggest bounce house and inflatable slide I have ever seen in my life. The slide must have been 30 feet tall - and the boys were loving it. After 90 minutes of jumping, climbing, sliding, golfing (yes, they have golf cages there), and just plain running, E was exhausted, T was yawning, and M was still going strong. Amazingly, we got M out of there without any argument although getting everyone bundled back up again into their various raiment was an enormous amount of work. It was a very quiet ride home. I think we all needed to get out of the house and get some exercise. I am thankful for a gym on these cold winter nights.Now that I have completed my weekend of weirdness, I vow to get up and get back on track tomorrow morning. After all, children can only subsist on cereal and waffles for so long - and I have more packing to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment