We had a nice surprise last night. Thanks to a rather odd series of events, I got a couple house guests last night - Sarah, Lisa, and Derek came to visit us! Derek and Lisa couldn't stay long, but Sarah read a book to M (who was up way past his bedtime), had coffee with me this morning, and spent the morning talking with me while they boys ran around us like crazy goons (they like having guests). They had to head back home at noon, and I made the executive decision that M would stay home from school today because he had woken up with a fever again and because T was super crabby and needed to go down for his nap early. That ended up working out okay because I found out later that there wasn't any school today anyway - it's President's Day. Yay for me. I would have ended up all alone in the parking lot again. I really have to do a better job of paying attention. Although, I do think the school is partly to blame. They never sent home a calendar of the school year, and I can't find it online, so it's really hard to know when school is in session except by checking the public school calender - and I haven't gotten around to looking for that yet. By the time I find it, it will be May and school will be out, and then it won't matter. That's kind of the way it's going with Christmas thank yous - by the time I get them done, it will be next Christmas, and then I can just write thank you twice and be done with it - for both years. Everyone just has to be a little patient.
Oh, I obviously have nothing to write about tonight. The only other think I can think of that is mildly interesting is that the boys made a horrific mess with their few remaining toys this afternoon, and I was in an incredibly bad mood, so I got out a bunch of boxes (thanks Randy!) and boxed those toys up. Now, they have a small handful of cars, a few legos, and some books to keep them occupied. I wonder if they will notice? I know I will appreciate not having to pick up toys every night. We've never been very good at doing a clean up time with the boys, so Chris and I end up picking up at 10pm every night after the boys are in bed. That is an example of what not to do - and I know it - I just can't change it - yet.
I also learned today that I need to be very careful about feeding T "dried plums", aka, prunes. Gerber sells a tasty plum and apple baby food mixture, and I thought he might like to try it. I changed four (very large) poopy diapers today (all T's), and Chris changed another one tonight while I was at volleyball. I remember giving the babies prune juice when I worked in the NICU, but it never seemed to be super effective (plus they hated it), but look out, it works for T. I imagine he will be pretty hungry tomorrow - but I won't give him any plums. I'll save that for a special occasion.
I went to Let's Dish tonight to make a few more meals (because all proceeds at the party tonight went to the local Teen MOPs - mothers of preschoolers group and because it's nice to have some alternative to fast food on those nights I don't feel like cooking). I do like their recipes, it's fun to make your meals with other moms (I've never seen a guy in there - how sexist is that!), and now I have a stockpile of meals in my freezer so maybe I can convince Chris to cook every now and then. My only wish is that a similar franchise would open that would use free range meats, organic vegetables, and whole wheat grains. I was thinking in the car on the way home that it would probably never fly here in white bread Minnesota, but I might try to make a suggestion to the owner anyway because I have noticed a much larger free range and organic selection (and therefore demand?) at the local grocery stores - so why not at a meal preparation organization?
Oh, I obviously have nothing to write about tonight. The only other think I can think of that is mildly interesting is that the boys made a horrific mess with their few remaining toys this afternoon, and I was in an incredibly bad mood, so I got out a bunch of boxes (thanks Randy!) and boxed those toys up. Now, they have a small handful of cars, a few legos, and some books to keep them occupied. I wonder if they will notice? I know I will appreciate not having to pick up toys every night. We've never been very good at doing a clean up time with the boys, so Chris and I end up picking up at 10pm every night after the boys are in bed. That is an example of what not to do - and I know it - I just can't change it - yet.
I also learned today that I need to be very careful about feeding T "dried plums", aka, prunes. Gerber sells a tasty plum and apple baby food mixture, and I thought he might like to try it. I changed four (very large) poopy diapers today (all T's), and Chris changed another one tonight while I was at volleyball. I remember giving the babies prune juice when I worked in the NICU, but it never seemed to be super effective (plus they hated it), but look out, it works for T. I imagine he will be pretty hungry tomorrow - but I won't give him any plums. I'll save that for a special occasion.
I went to Let's Dish tonight to make a few more meals (because all proceeds at the party tonight went to the local Teen MOPs - mothers of preschoolers group and because it's nice to have some alternative to fast food on those nights I don't feel like cooking). I do like their recipes, it's fun to make your meals with other moms (I've never seen a guy in there - how sexist is that!), and now I have a stockpile of meals in my freezer so maybe I can convince Chris to cook every now and then. My only wish is that a similar franchise would open that would use free range meats, organic vegetables, and whole wheat grains. I was thinking in the car on the way home that it would probably never fly here in white bread Minnesota, but I might try to make a suggestion to the owner anyway because I have noticed a much larger free range and organic selection (and therefore demand?) at the local grocery stores - so why not at a meal preparation organization?
No comments:
Post a Comment