It would appear that E is tired of waiting for me all the time. Today Grandpa was planning on taking him to the store to buy some more Batman socks (because he and M fight over the one pair we have every morning). E was pretty excited about the shopping trip with Grandpa and not willing to wait for me to help him get his coat, boots, hat, and gloves on. He did it all by himself. I found him waiting for us by the front door...
Little E, waiting patiently as always.
Then tonight at bath time E got out of the tub before T did. He was cold so he wanted to go get his jammies on right away (plus he knew his Batman jammies were clean and waiting for him on his bed). Before I had even got T dried off, E was back upstairs with his diaper and jammies in hand. "You help me please Mommy?" Yes, just a minute E, I have to get T dressed. When I finished with T I looked over to E. He had put his jammies and one sock on all by himself. He was struggling with the second sock when I went over to help him. "No, I do it Mommy." And he did. The child is learning self sufficiency because his mother is so unhelpful. How wonderful.
M told me tonight, "I need a haircut. My hair looks shaggy." Me: I don't think it looks shaggy. I think it looks nice. "Nope, it's shaggy. I need a haircut. Shaggy shaggy shaggy. Isn't Daddy ever coming home? He needs to fix my shaggy shaggy hair."
My mom cleaned up my messy house today (I think it was disgusting her) and made it clear to the boys that they were NOT to mess it up again and told them the toys had to stay in their rooms. So far the toys have stayed in their rooms except for during tub time when M drug about 300 cars up to the bath tub. I told him he had to take them all back down again or I would have to throw them away. He has spent the last 15 minutes transferring all the cars back down again. At least he's getting his exercise.
What would we do without Grandparents?
1 comment:
What great pictures! I feel like I missed out on so much being away in Austin this weekend. It sure is great to see what a good time these three had with their grandparents! Yay, I only have one more weekend of moonlighting to go! Not that I can complain, really, I mean a "no-hitter" for 51 hours? So much for "black-cloud-Chris." Let's hope the trend keeps up next year when I have a "real" job :)
Post a Comment