Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween

October 31, 2007

Halloween! My first blog ever, and it seems like as good a day as any to start since we have some pictures from the big trick or treating night to share. I am writing this as a journal for myself and as a way to update family and friends with news and pictures if and when you are interested in hearing about what we are doing. My goal is to post nightly, but I won't be surprised if I end up posting weekly or monthly after a while. That's just how I am I guess. Also, in the interest of safety I will not be posting names or allow viewing to the general public.

Our day started with a play date with a friend up the hill whom we haven't seen in a while and they played hard for the two hours we were there. After lunch we took M to preschool for the big Halloween parade. All the kids dressed up in their costumes and paraded the halls and into the cafeteria for the parents to watch and take pictures. I sadly forgot my camera but hope to get pictures from some of the more responsible parents in attendance. E fell asleep on my lap while T screamed happily in his car seat. When we got back to the car E was really angry that I was making him leave without seeing the parade. He didn't realize he had slept though it.

My dad arrived just as preschool was getting out and he came in to surprise M. We came home, carved our pumpkins, and headed out for trick or treating. M was Batman this year, E was Mr. Incredible, and T was a fireman. Neither C or I dressed up. It was cold and windy, but the kids were troopers and walked all over the neighborhood. M really got it this year and was running from house to house trying to keep up with the big kids. E just wanted to be doing whatever big brother was doing, but I think he liked the candy. T barely tolerated us being outside after dark in the cold and windy weather. By 8pm he was ready for bed, and that was fine because the big boys were also cold and pretty tired from walking. They probably walked a mile. C and I had coffee and adult chocolate (Dove) at a bonfire with our neighbors after we got the kids in bed.

No comments: